Rebel Kitchen was born out of a need to challenge the status quo, positively impacting the world through food. That’s why we question to improve the wellbeing of people and planet. And more importantly, we want to do something about it.
We are addressing our footprint through these core areas:
- Transparent Supply Chains
- Regenerative Organic Agriculture
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle…Reimagine
- Healthy Humans
By 2025 we will have achieved the following:
A Transparent Supply Chain
We don’t hide the fact that our ingredients are sourced from around the world. Coconuts don’t grow in our back gardens unfortunately and on that basis we are ensuring that everything we do is part of a fair, safe and healthy system that is tracked, traced and measured.
- All ingredients can be traced back to the farm or local processor.
- Farm audits that review farming practices and farmer welfare will form part of the procurement process.
- We will work with our suppliers to incentivise measurement of the use of finite resources such as water and energy, and the unintended consequences such as waste, carbon and pollution.
Protecting and maintaining isn’t always enough. That’s why we’re looking to make sure that we work towards a more regenerative agricultural landscape, focused on healthy soils, ecosystem restoration and biodiversity.
- We will source from regenerative organic farmers where possible and where not we work with farming communities to support learning and integration of regenerative practices.
- We will monitor farm progress for increases in biodiversity, environmental resilience and enhanced livelihoods.
Circular systems: reduce, reuse, recycle & reimagine
We want to close the loop on consumption by reimagining our model of production and the way that we consume products in and out of the home.
- Packaging will be transitioned to post-consumer recycled plastic resin (rPET), compostable, or equally circular options.
- Food waste will be tracked where possible and drastically minimised across the supply chain from farm to customer.
- We are already a Carbon Neutral business which means our emissions are tracked, reduced and offset.
All Rebels are equal: that’s why we are uncompromising when it comes to fair trade and a living wage across our supply chain. The economic inequalities between the consumer and growers will be brought back into balance through initiatives that support the needs of the community.
- We will actively support fair trade, living wage, and income diversification where applicable across the supply chain.
- All suppliers will be screened for modern slavery and labour policies.
- Grassroots community based projects implemented across the supply chain through 1% grants.
We’re about more than just nutrition. The physical, mental and emotional health of our community is at the heart of what we do.
- For our customers, we will always create organic minimally processed plant-based products. We promise you’ll never see GMOs, synthetic additives or refined sugars in our products.
- Rebel Kitchen supports employees to live a balanced life through its employment policies and work culture.
Remember, Rebels. You have a choice. There is always an alternative and we’ll continue to deliver on that promise.